Assistant Event Designer/Studio Manager (Working on site locations throughout the Lower Mainland)
Compensation: Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
Nichè Events is a boutique design, décor and planning company servicing the Fraser Valley/Lower Mainland, Greater Vancouver, Whistler, Sunshine Coast and the Okanagan. Niche Events has designed and produced over 200 weddings and events over the last 6 years.
Niche Events specializes in wedding & event design, coordination & planning, as well as stunning in-house florals. We are currently gearing up for the 2017 wedding season and are looking for someone who is ready for hard work in a fast paced environment, is willing to do what it takes to make sure things get done right and is not afraid of a little (or occasionally a lot) sweat.
Working alongside Maria (Nichè Event’s Owner & Principal Planner/Designer) and the Nichè team, you will be responsible for the following duties:
Managing our showroom in Maple Ridge. Including:
- Organizing and cleaning all of our rental items.
- Organizing all rentals for each event and maintaining a packing list.
- Packing all items for each event and loading into vehicles for delivery.
- Unloading all items from each event back at the showroom, clean and put restock into inventory.
- Count and prepare linen cleaning list every Monday for pickup.
- Attend client meeting and assist with setup and possible design suggestions.
- Assist with some light floral preparation including cleaning buckets, striping flowers, preparing containers, cleaning coolers etc.
- Run around and picking up items that may be needed for each wedding that are not in the studio.
- Some light computer work including social media/invoicing etc. may be applicable to the right candidate.
Onsite at events. (usually Friday, Saturday’s and Sunday’s)
- Loading/unloading décor items, floral arrangements, etc. for our weddings/events
- Lifting inventory
- Team leader and able to manage up to 5 other event assistants
- Assisting with event prep, such as: chair covers, chair sashes, table setting, arranging centrepieces, setting up wedding arches, etc.
- Wedding/Event day set-up and take-down (take down occurs usually very late at night. See below)
- Whatever is required to make every wedding a successful and memorable event.
- This is not an intern position. It is paid and it comes with the responsibility of being able to take suggestions and direction from the owner.
- This is a fabulous entry level position for anyone interested in the wedding industry and/or who has completed an event planning/coordination program and is looking for hands on experience in the industry.
- Must be hardworking, prompt and have an eye for details.
- You must be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours or more.
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Communication is integral to this position.
- Must be able to speak English well.
- You must be able to work well with others. This is definitely a team position and we work hard together to ensure the success of all our clients’ wedding/events
- Must be available Monday, Friday through Sunday
- Tear downs usually occur between 12am – 2am
- A schedule will be provided in advance
- Hours of wedding & event days are generally set in stone as we need to follow the schedule of our clients
- Hours will vary from 15 – 30 hours per week (depending on the number of weddings/events we have at any given time)
- Must have access to a car
- Must be willing to learn to drive a cube van
- Computer skills an asset.
- Floral Design skills an asset but not required.
If you feel you are the right fit for this position, we would love to hear from you!
Please send a resume and a cover letter stating your experience and why you would be great for this position.
Please include 3 references with your resume and cover letter.
Please apply by email to email@example.com (no phone call please).
Deadline February 15, 2017
We look forward to hearing from you! Only qualified candidates will be contacted.<< Previous post